Summer Styling

Hey Everyone!

So a while ago a few of you requested that I do a Blogpost on Summer outfits etc but with Ramadan and Eid keeping me busy, I just got round to this, so sorry but at least the weather is still warm and yummy which makes this still relevant ;-)

I have found that on the really hot days long floaty skirts are best with long sleeved tops so you don't need to have lots of layers.  I also prefer to wear ballet flats as they work on any terrain so prefect for when you end up walking into a field or off the beaten track, you don't want to get your stilettos dirty now do you?

I also go for minimal make up if I wear any at all and minimal jewellery as I find that make up just slides off in hot weather and as long as you wear an SPF mostly everyone looks great with a bit of a glow to them. With the hot weather, hands and feet can swell too so that's why I don't bother too much with rings etc as I will just be fighting with myself at the end of the day to take them off my hot swollen expanded fingers.

So my first outfit is from Primark, the long sleeve tops are light enough to wear in hot weather although I did wear a vest underneath as I found it a bit sheer in the white tone. The skirt also comes in red but I have found that the blue one matches well with a number of different coloured tops and scarves. The scarf and clutch are both from Kenze Jewellery. Glasses are from Claire's Accssories.




The second outfit is made up of a top I got from the French High Street Shop, Cameau and the dress is a cold shoulder dress from Miss Selfridge, I just pulled up the bits that would normally hang off the shoulder, so it became a bit more formal. The bag is from New Look, as featured in my previous blogpost. I love this dress as it is thin material but not clingy or sheer so I stayed cool in it all day and it is very chic.


The Third outfit comprises of the same top and skirt from Primark, which just shows how versatile it is as a blank canvas, I've just added a different Kenze Jewellery scarf in a different style and voila new outift.



The final pic shows how well breton stripes go with any pattern, print or colour. I have a White Paisley scarf and Bubble Necklace but nearly all the different scarves I tried matched, so a Breton Tee is a definite must have. This one is from New look.


So I hope this helped a bit. If you're a Hijabi, then invest in some lightweight but pretty scarves, and Kenze Jewellery scarves are perfect as they are all maxi scarves but with just the right amount of lightness than you can survive the summer in them.

Faizah

Comments