Family Fun Day & Bazaar

Hey everyone,
So I just wanted to give a detailed post on the event I held in Monkston on Saturday with the help of my wonderful family and friends.
We had some amazing businesses there also and I wanted to properly thank everyone so here goes.

David Duff came and gave an informed talk on the oppression of the Palestinian people. David is the chairman of the MKPSC and their next event is the Palfest which will be on the 8th September in Milton Keynes, so please go along, there will be Palestinian music and food.

Our highlight of the day were the two wonderful performances given by nasheed artist, Omar Esa, who gave two accapella performances including his latest nasheed which is aptly titled Syria, it was a very moving performance and touched all who were present.

The businesses present were loveislamshop, Diamanté Creations, Hayati Essence, Abaya Abaya, Kenze Jewellery, Old Africa, as well as Sonia Butt Mehndi Artist who did some impressive mehndi designs and Ferzana Awan, who swapped her day job as a professional make up artist to paint some wonderful designs on the children and then donated all her hard earned money to the days total bless her. The bouncy castle had children running through David's talk but he was extremely professional and carried on, whilst opening doors to let the kids through :-)

We had some lovely food cooked by my lovely mum and husband who managed to raise £133 on the day and donated it back to the total, thanks to everyone who contributed food as well.

The lovely Asma from Smart Raspberry provided yummy cupcakes and brownies which were a real hit with the kids and adults alike.

There were also some lovely raffle prizes donated by Kenze Jewellery, Love Islam Shop, Rhonda's Collection, Noblestarz Hijabs and Sofia's Collection so thank you to everyone who donated and to all who bought a raffle ticket.

Finally I'd just like to say I was pretty nervous about it being my first event but I could not have lucked out with nicer stall holders I mean just the nicest people to work with and also I had no end of volunteers offering their help on the day that I had to turn help down, I really feel blessed and felt like the event itself was blessed, I've had such great feedback but the thing that made me buzz all day today was that together we've raised such a great amount of £700 for Human Aid to spend on Syria and Gaza. To everyone who was there or contributed you should be really proud of yourselves.

I also wanted to say that after things calming down I got back to my phone and the reports of Syria, Palestine and Egypt continued to roll down my newsfeed and fill my eyes with tears, yes yesterday was fun and we felt great because we did something but I realised that we can never forget and we should never forget, it's this constant remembrance that keeps our humanity alive, it's so easy to just scroll past that video/image/article that you know will be depressing but we have to remind ourselves that's its reality, we've become so distanced from the oppression and killing that we can just go about with our lives as if nothing is happening, and I'm not saying we should walk around in a state of depression but it should be there, that awareness, in the back of our minds, the remembrance, it should always be there, keeping us human because the world is in this state because of people who've lost their humanity so we have to try to hold onto ours as tightly as possible.

Thanks for reading.

Faizah x


Comments