A New Healthy Me

Hey Everyone!

So firstly so sorry that its taken me so long to post a blog since the Paris blog but I've been bogged down with one thing after another and am just coming out of the other end of a long Flu period.

But all this illness got me thinking about my lifestyle, diet and mentality and I realised after a year of having some awful medication and injections, I really needed to do something extra to start looking after myself, so last week I made some healthy choices, firstly I started juicing. I realised my body was crying out for vitamins so I turned to carrots, beetroot and apples. This amazing fresh juice is packed with lifesaving antioxidants and anti ageing agents, there are too many vitamins to list but the results show themselves as after 5 days of juicing my skin is visibly clearer and glowing and the energy that was sapped from my body by the Flu, is slowly coming back, without me resorting to painkillers or cold medicines.

It's always nice to get a little help from beauty products too, I am taking a break from my amazing Embryolisse Lait Concentrate which is my go to cream for any skin condition, you can buy this widely in French pharmacies or online if you live in the UK. However these last few weeks I saw a shiny new jar of another favourite brand Eucerin Even Brighter Day Cream and I received a trial size of the night cream also. Both creams feel light going on but on my oily skin they are not wholly absorbed but it feels plump and hydrated to the touch. As I have very sensitive skin I am always anxious about getting spots after using a new cream but I've not had any issues with this cream and I do think my complexion looks brighter as a result of using it and I've had many compliments about my skin glowing too.

I have also taken advantage of the trial size products you can get from the Latest in Beauty website and in a bespoke box I received an Eve Lom face mask, Green Tea extract tablets, Beauty Balm and CaudalĂ­e Vinoperfect Radiance Serum which has to be my favourite of all the products. It is a really light serum with a water like texture that just seemed to brighten my skin a bit, the product sinks in immediately and does the job as you'd expect of a high end product. I will definitely be trying some more products from this invaluable website, the trial sizes of the products are perfect to know whether a product suits you before you buy the average size version.

Finally I'd like to give a little shout out to a product that has kept my skin glowing when I occasionally wear make up for a special occasion. Poudre de Riz de Java from Bourjois comes in the most delicious little mint coloured box and you just need a tiny amount of this fairy dust like powder to brush over your face to get a glow that says 'I get my 8 hours sleep and more'. Trust me, for a full time working mum of a 3 year old thats no easy feat to pull off.

Finally I have to mention my new favourite shop in town that you probably wouldn't think to visit normally but deserves a special mention. Holland and Barrett is probably better know for having healthy snacks and whole foods, I used to go in and buy a packet of mixed nuts when I used to be rushing through Bond Street station on my way to meet friends after work, to keep my energy going. However on my last visit I browsed all the amazing skin care products that were available, and all natural too. I've recently had the misfortune of having gum disease and after using the Pomegranate toothpaste from Holland and Barrett, it's just completely vanished. I also picked up a Lavender body wash as I'd been having trouble sleeping and I find the scent is perfect for a night time shower to get me ready for sleep, I've also used it on my daughter as I get peace of mind that its more natural than some of the children's products suggest they are.

My favourite find is the Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Lip Serum from Dr Organic, it was under £3, and hands down the best lip treatment I've ever used! And I've used plenty of expensive lip treatments, collecting them is a kind of hobby for me, but this one stays on, absorbs, and completely softens my lips, especially in this harsh weather, where I noticed even my daughters delicate lips cracked as soon as we went outdoors, so I've been using is on her too and it works instantly.

Okay well I hope some of this helps inspire you to take up healthy living and that you found my reviews helpful.

I will be busy updating the Kenze Jewellery albums as I've had all the new Spring Scarves in as well as some indulgent new jewellery pieces so head on over to www.facebook.com/KenzeJewellery to treat yourself or a friend and I will catch you back here on The Treasure Box soon.

Faizah x




Comments